Modified on November 10, 2008
This series of cross-tabulations will present a portrait of Canada based on the various census
topics. They will range in complexity and will be available for various levels of geography.
A number of the tabulations will be available on day of release for each topic, while others will follow
several months later. Content varies from:
- A simple overview of the country.
- Simple to more complex cross-tabulations.
- Current and previous census data.
- Visit the topic-based tabulations page for a content preview of the tables to be released from the 2006 Census.
- Standardization of variable content where possible.
- Streamlined and better integrated content to promote tables for which there is a more prominent
- Better designed set of comprehensive tabulations to be more easily viewed and accessed from
Various levels of geography (dependent on type of tabulation - some available on day of release
and some to follow):
Canada, province and territory, federal electoral district (FED) (2003 Representation Order), census metropolitan area/census
agglomeration (CMA/CA), census division/census
subdivision (CD/CSD), census tract (CT), forward sortation area (FSA), dissemination area (DA).
Available for free to all users via the Internet:
- Canada, province and territory and census metropolitan area/census agglomeration (CMA/CA),
and where possible, selected census divisions/census subdivisions (CD/CSD). Please note that there
may be tabulations at these levels of geography that have been deemed too complex for 'general public access'.
- Pre-determined key stakeholders and partners will be provided with varying expanded Internet
access privileges in order to obtain additional tabulations at no charge (i.e., more complex, lower
levels of geography, additional format - Beyond 20/20). For this subset of tabulations, the general
public will be directed to the Statistics Canada online catalogue listing to purchase for a fee.
Please note that a number of libraries across the country will have expanded Internet access
privileges and therefore, access for the general public on site.
Other delivery methods
Various electronic formats (i.e., Beyond 20/20).
Contact Statistics Canada's National Contact Centre.
From July 17, 2007 through 4th quarter 2008. Some available on day of release and some to
follow throughout the dissemination cycle.
Some tables are available for free to all users via the Internet, while others are available for a fee (prices vary according to the level of
geography and format) – see note above under 'Internet access'.