Beginning with the population and dwelling counts, these tables will be available for each of the four major releases on each official day of release. They will present information highlights by topic via key indicators for various levels of geography. For example, these will include percent distributions and percentage change from 2006. The tables allow users to perform simple rank and sort functions.
- Tables at the economic region level are available for the population and dwelling count release.
- Urban area renamed to population centre (POPCTR).
Proposed levels of geography:
- Canada, provinces and territories
- Census metropolitan areas (CMAs)
- Census agglomerations (CAs)
- Census divisions (CDs)
- Census subdivisions (CSDs)
Additional geographies proposed for population and dwelling counts:
- Economic regions (ERs)
- Population centres (POPCTRs)
- Designated places (DPLs)
- Federal electoral districts (FEDs) – 2003 Representation Order
- Forward sortation areas (FSAs)© – (availability: to be determined)
- Statistical Area Classification (SAC).
Available via the Internet:
- Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML) format
- CSV (comma-separated value) or TAB (tab-separated values) delimited ASCII format.
Other delivery methods
Contact Statistics Canada's National Contact Centre at 1-800-263-1136 for more information.
From February 8, 2012 to October 24, 2012.
Available for free to all users via the Internet.
- Date modified: