Preview of Census Products and Services
This series of cross-tabulations will present a portrait of Canada based on the various census topics. They will range in complexity and will be available for various levels of geography. A number of the tabulations will be available on each official day of release for each topic, while others will follow several months later.
Content varies from:
- A simple overview of the country
- Simple to more complex cross-tabulations
- Current and previous census data.
- Economic region level tables available for the Age and sex release.
Various levels of geography (dependent on type of tabulation - some available on day of release and some to follow):
- Canada, provinces and territories
- Economic regions (ERs) – age and sex release
- Federal electoral districts (FEDs) – 2003 Representation Order
- Census metropolitan areas (CMAs)
- Census agglomerations (CAs)
- Census divisions (CDs)
- Census subdivisions (CSDs)
- Census tracts (CTs)
- Forward sortation areas (FSAs)© – (availability: to be determined)
- Dissemination areas (DAs).
Available via the Internet:
- Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML) format
- CSV (comma-separated value) or TAB (tab-separated values) delimited ASCII format.
- Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) format
- Beyond 20/20 (.IVT) format.
Other delivery methods
Contact Statistics Canada's National Contact Centre at 1-800-263-1136 for more information.
From May 29, 2012 to the first quarter of 2013. Some will be available on day of release and some to follow throughout the dissemination cycle.
Available for free to all users via the Internet.
- Date modified: