Population and Dwelling Count Highlight Tables, 2011 Census
These tables provide population and dwelling counts established by the 2011 Census of Canada.
Population and dwelling count data tables grouped by geography:
- Canada, provinces and territories
- Census subdivisions – Municipalities
- Census metropolitan areas and census agglomerations
- Census divisions
- Economic regions
- Federal electoral districts
- Population centres
- Designated places
- Forward sortation areas ©
- Statistical area classification
Additional tables comparing 2011 dwelling counts with the previous census
Learn more about these data tables.
- Between 2006 and 2011, Canada's population grew by 5.9%, up slightly from the previous intercensal period (2001 to 2006), when it grew by 5.4%. For further information, refer to Population and private dwellings occupied by usual residents and intercensal growth for Canada, 1971 to 2011.
- Canada's population growth between 2006 and 2011 was the highest among G8 countries, as was the case in the previous intercensal period (2001 to 2006).
- Every province and most territories saw its population increase between 2006 and 2011.
- More data highlights.
About this product
- Date modified: