Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
2011 Census of Canada: Topic-based tabulations
Household Living Arrangements (12), Age Groups (21) and Sex (3) for the Population in Private Households of Canada, Provinces, Territories, Census Divisions, Census Subdivisions and Dissemination Areas, 2011 Census
About this variable: Household living arrangements (12)
Household living arrangements
Part A - Short definition
Refers to the classification of persons as members of a family household or of a non-family household, and whether they are family persons or persons not in a census family.
Part B - Detailed definition
Refers to the classification of persons as members of a family household or of a non-family household, that is, whether or not they are living in a household that contains at least one census family, and whether they are members of a census family or not in a census family. Persons not in census families are further classified as living with relatives, living with non-relatives (only) or living alone.
- Total - Household living arrangements
- Total persons in households with at least one census family
- Married spouses, common-law partners
- Lone parents
- Children in families with two parents present
- Children in families with one parent present
- Persons not in census families, living with relatives Footnote 7
- Persons not in census families, living with non-relatives only
- Total persons in non-census family households
- Living with relatives Footnote 10
- Living with non-relatives only
- Living alone