About the 2016 Census Data tables
This series of cross-tabulations will present a portrait of Canada based on the various census topics. They will range in complexity and will be available for various levels of geography. A number of the tabulations will be available on each official day of release for each topic, while others will follow several months later.
Content varies from:
- A simple overview of the country
- Simple to more complex cross-tabulations
- Current and previous census data.
- New geographic level being introduced – Aggregate dissemination areas (ADAs)
- Download entire table now available in CSV (comma-separated value) and TAB (tab-separated values) delimited ASCII format.
Static geographic map images replaced with dynamic map.
Dynamic map features include:
- map panning,
- map zooming,
- export to PDF.
Various levels of geography (some available on day of release and some to follow):
- Canada, provinces and territories
- Economic regions (ERs)
- Federal electoral districts (FEDs) – 2013 Representation Order
- Census metropolitan areas (CMAs)
- Census agglomerations (CAs)
- Census divisions (CDs)
- Census subdivisions (CSDs)
- Census tracts (CTs)
- Forward sortation areas (FSAs)©
- Aggregate dissemination areas (ADAs) – New for 2016
- Dissemination areas (DAs).
Available for free to all users via the Internet:
- Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML) format
- CSV (comma-separated value) or TAB (tab-separated values) delimited ASCII format.
- Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) format
- Beyond 20/20 (.IVT) format.
From May 3, 2017 to the first quarter of 2018. Some will be available on day of release and some to follow throughout the dissemination cycle.
Other delivery methods
Contact Statistics Canada's National Contact Centre at 1-800-263-1136 for more information.
- Date modified: