Data tables, 2016 Census
Main Mode of Commuting (10), Industry - North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) 2012 (21), Occupation - National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 (11) and Sex (3) for the Employed Labour Force Aged 15 Years and Over Having a Usual Place of Work or No Fixed Workplace Address, in Private Households of Canada, Provinces and Territories, Census Divisions and Census Subdivisions, 2016 Census - 25% Sample Data
About this variable: Occupation - National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 (11)
Occupation (based on the National Occupational Classification [NOC] 2016)
'Occupation' refers to the kind of work performed in a job, a job being all the tasks carried out by a particular worker to complete his or her duties. An occupation is a set of jobs that are sufficiently similar in work performed.
Kind of work is described in terms of tasks, duties and responsibilities, often including factors such as materials processed or used, the industrial processes used, the equipment used, and the products or services provided. Occupations are generally homogeneous with respect to skill type and skill level.
Occupation applies to the contribution of labour to that part of economic activity that is within the production boundary defined for the System of National Accounts.
- Total - Occupation - National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 Footnote 1
- 0 Management occupations
- 1 Business, finance and administration occupations
- 2 Natural and applied sciences and related occupations
- 3 Health occupations
- 4 Occupations in education, law and social, community and government services
- 5 Occupations in art, culture, recreation and sport
- 6 Sales and service occupations
- 7 Trades, transport and equipment operators and related occupations
- 8 Natural resources, agriculture and related production occupations
- 9 Occupations in manufacturing and utilities
- Footnote 1
Refers to the kind of work performed by persons aged 15 years and over as determined by their kind of work and the description of the main activities in their job. The occupation data are produced according to the NOC 2016.