Data tables, 2016 Census
Employment Income Statistics (7), STEM and BHASE (non-STEM) Groupings, Major Field of Study - Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) 2016 (36), Highest Certificate, Diploma or Degree (12), Location of Study (5), Immigrant Status (4A), Class of Worker (3) and Sex and Age (24) for the Population Aged 15 Years and Over Who Worked Full-Time Full-Year in 2015 Excluding CIP six-digit categories 22.0101 'Law' and 51.2001 'Pharmacy' in Private Households of Canada, Provinces and Territories and Census Metropolitan Areas, 2016 Census - 25% Sample Data
About this variable: Location of study (5)
Location of study
'Location of study' refers to either:
- the province, territory or country of the institution from which a person obtained a certificate, diploma or degree, or;
- the province, territory or country of the institution that a person attended during a specified reference period, or for a specific level of education.
In both cases, location of study refers to the location of the institution granting the certificate, diploma or degree, not the location of the person at the time he or she obtained the qualification or was attending the institution. The geographic location is specified according to boundaries current at the time the data are collected, not the boundaries at the time of study.
This variable indicates the province or territory (in Canada) or country (outside Canada) of the institution from which the highest postsecondary certificate, diploma or degree was obtained. It is only reported for individuals who had completed a certificate, diploma or degree above the secondary (high) school level.
This variable is reported for persons aged 15 years and over in private households.
For comments on data quality for this variable, refer to the Education Reference Guide, Census of Population, 2016.
- Total - Location of study Footnote 1
- No postsecondary certificate, diploma or degree
- Postsecondary certificate, diploma or degree
- Location of study inside Canada
- Location of study outside Canada
- Footnote 1
For information on collection, classification and data quality for 'Location of study', refer to the Education Reference Guide, Census of Population, 2016, Catalogue no. 98-500-X2016013.