Population and Dwelling Count Highlight Tables, 2016 Census
Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and economic regions, 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data
This table presents the 2016 and 2011 population counts and the 2016 dwelling counts, land area and population density for Canada and economic regions within a selected province or territory. It also shows the percentage change in the population counts between 2011 and 2016.
|Geographic name||Prov. / Terr.||Population||Private dwellings, 2016||Land area in square kilometres, 2016||Population density per square kilometre, 2016|
|2016||2011||% change||Total||Occupied by usual residents|
Download data as displayed in the Data table tab
Download complete geographic level
Download a CSV (comma-separated values) or a TAB (tab-separated values) file for all geographies by geographic level.
- Population estimates and projections by year, by province and territory
- Population and dwelling counts, 2011 Census
- Archived Population and dwelling counts, 2006 Census Archived
- Archived Population and dwelling counts, 2001 Census Archived
- Archived Population and dwelling counts, 1996 Census Archived
- Date modified: