Population and Dwelling Count Highlight Tables, 2016 Census
Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, census metropolitan areas and census agglomerations, 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data
This table presents the 2016 and 2011 population counts and the 2016 dwelling counts, land area, population density and population ranking, the selected province or territory, and the census metropolitan areas or census agglomerations within the selected province or territory. It also shows the percentage change in the population counts between 2011 and 2016.
|Geographic name||Type||Prov. / Terr.||Population||Private dwellings, 2016||Land area in square kilometres, 2016||Population density per square kilometre, 2016||Population rank, 2016|
|2016||2011||% change||Total||Occupied by usual residents||National||Prov. / Terr.|
Download data as displayed in the Data table tab
Download complete geographic level
Download a CSV (comma-separated values) or a TAB (tab-separated values) file for all geographies by geographic level.
- Population estimates and projections by year, by province and territory
- Population and dwelling counts, 2011 Census
- Archived Population and dwelling counts, 2006 Census Archived
- Archived Population and dwelling counts, 2001 Census Archived
- Archived Population and dwelling counts, 1996 Census Archived
- Date modified: