Population and Dwelling Count Highlight Tables, 2016 Census
Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data
This table presents the 2016 and 2011 population counts and the 2016 dwelling counts, land area, population density and population ranking for all census subdivisions by a selected province or territory, as well as the percentage change in the population counts between 2011 and 2016. In addition, the table shows the census subdivision type.
|Geographic name||TypeFootnote 1||Population||Private dwellings, 2016||Land area in square kilometres, 2016||Population density per square kilometre, 2016||CSD population rank, 2016|
|2016||2011||% change||Total||Occupied by usual residents||National||Prov. / Terr.|
Download data as displayed in the Data table tab
Download complete geographic level
Download a CSV (comma-separated values) or a TAB (tab-separated values) file for all geographies by geographic level.
- Population estimates and projections by year, by province and territory
- Population and dwelling counts, 2011 Census
- Archived Population and dwelling counts, 2006 Census Archived
- Archived Population and dwelling counts, 2001 Census Archived
- Archived Population and dwelling counts, 1996 Census Archived