Data tables, 2016 Census
Structural Type of Dwelling (10), Age (20) and Sex (3) for the Population in Occupied Private Dwellings of Canada, Provinces and Territories, Census Divisions and Census Subdivisions, 2016 Census - 100% Data
About this variable: Structural type of dwelling (10)
Structural type of dwelling
'Structural type' refers to the structural characteristics and/or dwelling configuration, that is, whether the dwelling is a single-detached house, an apartment in a high-rise building, a row house, a mobile home, etc.
- Total - Structural type of dwelling
- Single-detached house
- Apartment in a building that has five or more storeys
- Other attached dwelling Footnote 4
- Semi-detached house
- Row house
- Apartment or flat in a duplex
- Apartment in a building that has fewer than five storeys
- Other single-attached house
- Movable dwelling Footnote 10
- Footnote 4
The category 'Other attached-dwelling' is a subtotal of the following categories: semi-detached house, row house, apartment or flat in a duplex, apartment in a building that has fewer than five storeys and other single-attached house.
- Footnote 10
The category 'Movable dwelling' includes mobile homes and other movable dwellings such as houseboats, recreational vehicles and railroad cars.